CMS.gov tracks all Affordable Care Organizations (ACO’s) according to Quality Care Measures. Fulfilling these measures adequately is of the utmost importance for healthcare organizations that utilize these federal programs.
Banner Health was spending about $3M per year to outsource an audit of their doctors’ patient care. They wanted to reduce this cost and find a solution that allowed them to gather the information internally.
In partnership with Banner Health it was determined that the application must:
- Respond to and integrate with multiple EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems
- Offer HIPAA Compliant data storage and data transmission (HIPAA: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Be able to collate a massive amount of patient data and automatically interpret these data against ACO quality care measures
- Be a long-term asset for the company-update each year with the evolution of CMS.gov requirements and new Quality Care Measures
- Ensure that the developer skill set and domain knowledge would not be vulnerable to employee turnover