Success Stories: Application & Analytics
A global leader in photovoltaic (PV) solar energy solutions that has developed, financed, engineered, constructed, and currently operates many of the world’s largest grid-connected PV power plants in existence. For more than a decade this company has been integrating solar power into the global energy mix by providing PV energy solutions to address contemporary energy needs such as fuel cost volatility and supply reliability. They continue to be the leader for reliable, dependable, and cost-effective solar energy.
The company’s IT department engaged Valore Partners to implement a high resolution, graphics-heavy, application for their Operations Center in Mesa, AZ. The new system will be the main application used for multiple plant monitoring, alarming, and high level analysis in the Operations Center. The application will aggregate fleet level data onto a single screen to support global monitoring of multiple photovoltaic plants simultaneously
Using WPF/XAML, WCF, Entity Framework and SQL Server, Valore Partners implemented a Windows application utilized by plant operators. The application is a very-high resolution program displayed on a 9×3 matrix of 55” HDTV monitors resulting in a 17280 x 3240 pixel resolution. The program displays high level KPI analysis and provides real-time monitoring of multiple photovoltaic plants by integrating and aggregating real-time SCAD (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) data and historical data from the company’s repository.
· Real-time monitoring of multiple photovoltaic plants on a single high-resolution screen via integration with real-time SCADA bus
· High-level KPI analysis of multiple photovoltaic plants – Forecasting Dashboard, Effective Availability, Performance Ratio, Generation Calendar, and Operator Logs
· Weather forecasting analysis via integration with NOAA.gov
· Real-time weather alerts via integration with third-party weather service
· Application configuration and administration capabilities
· Fleet level real-time monitoring on a single screen
· Fleet level KPI analysis through data visualization on a single screen
· Fleet level data aggregation