Success Stories: Office 365
A southwestern U.S. state government enables its agencies to operate efficiently and effectively by providing Information Technology support services through a designated state agency. This agency serves as a leader of statewide programs and solutions for over 60 agencies. The agency’s mission is to deliver the highest quality services to support its members in the state community.
The Agency currently provides messaging and communications services for approximately 60 domains representing each agency for which it supports. Their goal is to coexist their current on-premises Exchange Server 2010 environment with Microsoft’s Office 365 Exchange Online and Lync Online cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. As a result, utilize advances in Microsoft’s Unified Communication technologies to standardize the messaging infrastructure in such a way as to reduce operational support cost, increase efficiencies, deliver high-availability and resiliency, and reduce environmental complexity while supporting their goals for growth.
The roadmap prioritized deployment of O365 service offerings based on the Agency’s requirements, starting with Lync Online and then Exchange Online. To support the Agency specific requirements, they chose to leverage IAM Cloud (Federate 365), a cloud based service which provides a hosted SSO/DirSync/Federation infrastructure to support O365. The IAM Cloud (Federate 365) service will provide the resiliency required to support the authentication/federation mechanisms; moreover eliminating the requirement for on-premises ADFS and Directory Synchronization infrastructure.
The solution was delivered on time with all identified integration and feature requirements provided by Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based services.
· Email – Exchange Online
– Access to documents, emails, and data from any mobile device with an internet connection
– Increased email storage per employee (1GB to 50GB)
– Central email archive (unlimited storage), eDiscovery & legal holds, and retention policies
· IM and Presence – Lync Online
– Anywhere access to presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling, rich online meetings, and extensive web conferencing capabilities
– 99.98% SLA
– ISO, FISMA, HIPAA compliance
– Encryption (secure e-mail, DLP, two-factor, S/MIME)